The self-publishing world has created incredible tools for authors to make their out-of-print books available for sale as new ebooks or print-on-demand editions. The process, however, often requires quite an investment of either time or money. With membership in our Back in Print program, the Authors Guild can provide cost-effective services with hands-on support to simplify the process.
We’ve partnered with Independent Publishers Group to provide ebook conversion and print-on-demand formatting services, as well as distribution to all major online retailers (Amazon, B&N, Apple, and Kobo) and a wide network of smaller outlets.
Back in Print members receive ongoing support without recurring fees for all technical aspects of the self-republishing process, from compiling your metadata to designing your cover to keeping your books available for sale on retailer sites.
Back in Print program services include:
- Hands-on guidance and support from Guild staff for enrollment, production, and design, and a single point of contact for any questions you may have
- Simple step-by-step instructions that walk you through the republishing process
- Scanning and digitization of physical books so the text can be converted to an ebook or a new print version
- Free ISBNs for your new ebooks and POD editions ($125 when purchased individually)
- Competitive, affordable rates for book production and cover design
- Distribution to all major online retailers
- Consolidated monthly royalty statements
To help with marketing your book, the Guild provides marketing courses and webinars, which are recorded and archived here.
You can read more about the Back in Print enrollment process here, as well as pricing here. When you’re ready to enroll in Back in Print, log in to your Authors Guild account (or email us at email@example.com if you need an account) and click here to access the Back in Print console, where you can fill out your application.